Passionate about ensuring the optimal growth and development of infants? The CICP course will provide you with all the necessary tools and skills to support the holistic development and learning of infants aged 2 months to 18 months. You’ll get to:
Acquire practical knowledge
Be equipped to apply prior learning of contemporary theories, research and strategies for the optimal growth, development and learning of infants.
Deepen your understanding
Revisit the planning for infant experiences and explore how you can take a lead role in providing support for the work in the infant care environment.
Learn how you can support the well-being and holistic development of infants aged 2 months to 18 months through experiential and work-based learning, coupled with on-site supervision.
Upon graduation, you will be conferred the Certificate in Infant Care Practice (CICP) by NIEC. L2 teachers will be eligible for certification as EY2 educators by ECDA.
Find out more about the modules covered in this course here.
1. Successfully completed one of the following qualifications:
Diplomas offered by NIEC from January 2019
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education-Teaching (DECCE-T); or
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education- Teaching (Conversion) [DECCE-T (Conversion)]; or
- Diploma in Early Childhood Development and Education (ECDE); or
Diplomas offered by Private Training Agencies (PTAs) from July 2020
- WSQ Professional Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education – Teaching (PDECCE-T); or
- WSQ Professional Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education – Teaching (Conversion) [PDECCE-T (Conversion)].
2. Be an ECDA-certified L2 preschool teacher; and
3. Have been employed in an Early Childhood Development Centre (ECDC) preferably with infant care services.
Existing Preschool Teachers:
ECDA-certified L1/L2 preschool teachers with other qualifications, you may apply for the Advanced Certificate in Early Years (with Exemptions) [ACEY (with Exemptions)], subject to entry requirements.
If you are looking for a career switch and have other non-early childhood qualifications, you may consider the Advanced Certificate in Early Years.
S$64.20 (inclusive of GST)
Note: The registration fee is non-refundable.
Fill out your details to find out your estimated course fee!
Estimated nett course fee payable, including additional funding and GST
Note: The course fee shown is an estimate only. Course fees payable are subject to revision, funding eligibility and approval. Please contact us for details on course fees.
Open For Application Soon
Day & Time
2 months / 120 hours
6.30pm - 9.30pm
|Register your interest|
- Course schedule and venue are subject to changes. NIEC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme and amend information without prior notice.
- Classes will only commence if the minimum class size is met. A confirmation email will be sent to you at least 3 weeks before course commencement.
- Priority will be given to applicants enrolling under the Career Conversion Programme.
- Your learning is important to us, and we have designed our lessons to facilitate your optimal learning experience for this course. Our courses are largely conducted online and around 30% of lessons will be conducted face-to-face for effective learning across practice-oriented sessions, such as for child safety and child development. You will be expected to attend the face-to-face lessons physically. A schedule of upcoming modules will be provided to you in advance before course commencement.
- A course orientation will also be conducted face-to-face where you will be provided with important information about the course, NIEC’s academic policies, the support that you can expect to receive as a student and connect with your community of learning. You are required to attend this session and will be notified of the date and venue 2 to 3 weeks prior to the orientation.