Managing difficult conversations with colleagues and parents in early childhood settings can be challenging. During this course, learners will acquire knowledge and skills about the guiding principles, key ideas, and practical strategies to defuse tense situations, manage uncomfortable or difficult conversations, and/or communicate concerns confidently and effectively with colleagues and parents.
Note: This course will be conducted via online learning until further notice.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- understand and recognise the issues related to difficult conversations;
- identify the possible causes of tensions and concerns between colleagues and/or parents in an early childhood setting;
- reflect on one’s communication disposition and recognise how this affects the way he/she responds to difficult conversations;
- apply effective communication strategies to handle difficult or uncomfortable conversations with colleagues; and
- apply effective strategies to defuse tense situations or communicate concerns with parents.
This course is for individuals who meet the following criteria:
Have completed an ECDA-recognised certificate or diploma in early childhood care and education.
Be ECDA-certified as an EY1/EY2/L1/L2 teacher.
Currently employed in a childcare centre registered or licensed with ECDA.
Upon completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Attainment from the Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA).
Fill out your details to find out your estimated course fee!
Estimated nett course fee payable, including additional funding and GST
Note: The course fee shown is an estimate only. Course fees payable are subject to revision, funding eligibility and approval. Please contact us for details on course fees.
Alternatively, download the course fee table here.
This course is eligible under Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP), click here to find out more.
Other funding support and financial schemes may be available.
Find out more here.
Please contact us for more information on course fees and available funding.
Open For Application Soon
Day & Time
8.30am – 5.30pm
|Register your interest|
- Course schedule and venue are subject to changes. NIEC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme and amend information without prior notice.
- Classes will only commence if the minimum class size is met. A confirmation email will be sent to you at least 3 weeks before course commencement.