The use of music and dance to cultivate interest, strengthen and further children’s language, culture and heritage learning is important. During this course, you will introduce to the essential pedagogical knowledge and practical skills relevant to various aspects of traditional Malay music and dance experiences for young children. Traditional folk songs and dances such as Zapin and Inang will be brought in to foster their creative expression.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- articulate a basic understanding of traditional Malay music and dance;
- demonstrate the use of traditional Malay musical instruments to create simple music;
- demonstrate 4 types of basic Malay Dance movements; and
- demonstrate understanding of how to integrate traditional Malay Music and Dance into lessons to enhance children’s learning.
This course is for individuals who meet the following criteria:
Have completed an ECDA-recognised certificate or diploma in early childhood care and education.
Be ECDA-certified as an EY2/L1/L2 teacher.
Currently employed in a childcare centre registered or licensed with ECDA.
Upon completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Attainment from the Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA).
Fill out your details to find out your estimated course fee!
Estimated nett course fee payable, including additional funding and GST
Note: The course fee shown is an estimate only. Course fees payable are subject to revision, funding eligibility and approval. Please contact us for details on course fees.
Alternatively, download the course fee table here.
This course is eligible under Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP), click here to find out more.
Other funding support and financial schemes may be available.
Find out more here.
Please contact us for more information on course fees and available funding.
Open For Application Soon
Day & Time
8.30am - 5.30pm
|Register your interest|
- Course schedule and venue are subject to changes. NIEC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme and amend information without prior notice.
- Classes will only commence if the minimum class size is met. A confirmation email will be sent to you at least 3 weeks before course commencement.