The use of developmentally appropriate strategies to influence children’s thinking helps to effectively manage children's behaviour and promote positive classroom community. Through this course, learners will explore methods of observing and documenting children’s behaviour and reflect on the contributing factors of these behaviour. They will also establish positive relationship with children from 4 to 6 years by using effective verbal and non-verbal strategies, adopt positive guidance and communicative ways to promote positive behaviour and/or reduce undesirable behaviour in the early childhood classroom.
Note: This course will be conducted via online learning until further notice.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- use strategies to observe, document and understand children’s challenging behaviour;
- apply developmentally appropriate strategies to guide children’s behaviour;
- establish trusting relationships with children through positive interactions to modify behaviour; and
- evaluate and refine classroom management strategies.
This course is for individuals who meet the following criteria:
Have completed an ECDA-recognised certificate or diploma in early childhood care and education.
Be ECDA-certified as an L1/L2 teacher.
Currently employed in a childcare centre registered or licensed with ECDA.
Upon completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Attainment from the Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA).
Fill out your details to find out your estimated course fee!
Estimated nett course fee payable, including additional funding and GST
Note: The course fee shown is an estimate only. Course fees payable are subject to revision, funding eligibility and approval. Please contact us for details on course fees.
Alternatively, download the course fee table here.
This course is eligible under Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP), click here to find out more.
Other funding support and financial schemes may be available.
Find out more here.
Please contact us for more information on course fees and available funding.
Open For Application Soon
Day & Time
9am - 5.30pm
|Register your interest|
- Course schedule and venue are subject to changes. NIEC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme and amend information without prior notice.
- Classes will only commence if the minimum class size is met. A confirmation email will be sent to you at least 3 weeks before course commencement.