Existing EC Educators / Preschool
For Existing Early Childhood Educators
DEEPEN YOUR SKILLS
Learning never ends for early childhood educators. Whether you are looking to progress to leadership roles or gain new skills to be better teachers for our little ones, we have a range of courses for you!
Plan for the year ahead. Download the full schedule for all courses.
- Certificate in Preschool Mother Tongue Language Teaching - Chinese (CPMTL-C)
Certificate in Preschool Mother Tongue Language Teaching - Malay (CPMTL-M)
Certificate in Preschool Mother Tongue Language Teaching - Tamil (CPMTL-T)
- Certificate in Infant Care Practice (CICP)
Advanced Certificate in Early Years (with Exemptions) (ACEY with Exemptions)
Advanced Certificate in Early Years (with Exemptions) (Chinese)
Specialist Diploma in Early Childhood Learning Support (SDELS)
- Specialist Diploma in Early Childhood Intervention (Special Needs) (SDESN)
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD) COURSES
Clock in your CPD hours with these courses and acquire new capabilities or strengthen current skills!
Birth to 3
- Observation and Planning for the Holistic Development of Infants and Toddlers
Supporting Social and Emotional Development of Infants and Toddlers
与婴幼儿互动的要领 Essentials of 3Rs in Interactions with Infants and Toddlers (Chinese)
- 观察与制订促进婴幼儿全面发展计划 Observation and Planning for the Holistic Development of Infants and Toddlers
与0-3岁幼儿互动技巧教师培训课程 Teachers' Mandarin Workshop: Interacting with Young Children aged up to 3 Years
Classroom Management Series
- Move to Learn: Strategies for Managing Children’s Behaviour and Learning in Classroom
Keys to Successful Classroom Management (Chinese)
Inclusive Practice Series
- Effective Classroom Management & Behaviour Guidance for Inclusive Settings
- Embedding Strategies Across Daily Activities
- Supporting Children with Added Needs in Preschool Classroom Environment
Mother Tongue Languages
- [NEW!] Fi-Fai-Fonik: Learning Phonics in Malay through Play
- [NEW!] Improving Parental Engagement in the Preschool Classroom (Malay)
- [NEW!] Nurturing Early Learners (NEL) Educators’ Guide (EG) Training for Tamil Language (TL) Teachers
- [NEW!] Preschool Tamil Language Drama Infused Workshop for Spontaneity & Creativity
Nurturing Early Learners (NEL) Educators’ Guide (EG) Training for Chinese Language (CL) Teachers
Outdoor Learning Series
- Outdoor Experiences for Infants and Toddlers
- Leading and Supporting Outdoor Learning (for centre leaders)
设计婴幼儿户外体验活动 Outdoor Experiences for Infants and Toddlers (Chinese)
编制3和4岁幼儿创意性的户外学习活动 Creative Outdoor Learning Experiences for 3 and 4-Year Olds (Chinese)
让户外环境成为5岁和6岁幼儿的学习课堂 Outdoors as the Extended Classroom for 5 and 6-Year-Olds (Chinese)
Strengthen Your Resilience: Managing Stress (Chinese)
- Mentoring 101: Bringing Out the Best in EC Educators*
- Mentoring 201: Bringing Out the Best in EC Educators*
[NEW!] 指导101：发掘幼师的最佳能力 Mentoring 101: Bringing Out the Best in EC Educators (Chinese)
*Mentoring 101 and Mentoring 201 will replace Mentoring for Professional Growth as pre-requisites to the Advanced Diploma in Early Childhood Leadership (ADECL).
Social Emotional Development Series
[NEW!] 4至6岁幼儿社交与情绪能力的发展与促进 Supporting Social and Emotional Development of Preschoolers (Chinese)
Working with Families
- Certificate in Student Care Centre (Early Years) (SCC(EY))
Exploring Art in Singapore Spaces for Early Childhood Settings
- 制作教师专业发展电子档案 Building a Professional Teaching Portfolio (Chinese)
SKILLS-BASED MODULAR COURSES (SBMC) AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (PDP)
Skills-Based Modular Courses (SBMC) provide learners with flexible, bite-sized and targeted learning options. These courses help you gain or deepen relevant skills and knowledge; and customise your learning according to your needs and interests.
Applicants under ECDA's Professional Development Programme for Teachers [PDP(T)] may apply for modular courses under the Advanced Diploma in Early Childhood Leadership (ADECL) and Specialist Diploma in Early Childhood Learning Support (SDELS).
Learn more about SBMC and PDP.
Existing EC educators may qualify for certain financial schemes for course fee payment. Find out which financial schemes are available for you.
For Preschool Operators
Looking for courses to train your teachers?
We are here to support your training needs. Work with us to provide professional development opportunities for your staff, so they can take on enlarged responsibilities and build new capabilities.
We can customise short courses or conduct dedicated runs for selected courses to meet your needs. Contact us to enquire.
Workforce Singapore’s Career Conversion Programme
The Career Conversion Programme (CCP), with the Place-and-Train (PnT) mode, allows you to address your manpower needs quickly. Under CCP, you can hire mid-careerists with no prior experience in early childhood education.
These employees will spend part of their working hours attending classes at our campuses. You will also receive salary support from Workforce Singapore (WSG) on their salaries. Learn more about the eligibility criteria here:
Note: WSG will be making temporary funding adjustments for all new employees hired on their CCP for the period between 1 Sep 2020 to 31 Mar 2022. More information is available on the IRAS website.
You may visit these job portals to post job openings that are available at your centre:
NIEC Courses offered under the Place and Train Programme
Teach children aged 0 – 3 years old (EY2 certification)
Teach children aged 18 months – 6 years old (L2 certification)