DEEPEN YOUR SKILLS
Learning never ends for early childhood educators. Whether you are looking to progress to leadership roles or gain new skills to be better teachers for our little ones, we have a range of courses for you!
Plan for the year ahead. Download the full schedule for all courses.
- Certificate in Preschool Mother Tongue Language Teaching - Chinese (CPMTL-C)
- Certificate in Infant Care Practice (CICP)
- Specialist Diploma in Early Childhood Intervention (Special Needs) (SDESN)
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD) COURSES
Clock in your CPD hours with these courses and acquire new capabilities or strengthen current skills!
Inclusive Practice Series
- Effective Classroom Management & Behaviour Guidance for Inclusive Settings
- Embedding Strategies Across Daily Activities
- Supporting Children with Added Needs in Preschool Classroom Environment
Birth to 3
Essentials of 3Rs in Interactions with Infants and Toddlers (Formerly known as Respectful, Responsive and Reciprocal (3Rs) Interactions with Infants and Toddlers: Building Trusting Relationships with Young Children)
- Observation and Planning for the Holistic Development of Infants and Toddlers
- 观察与制订促进婴幼儿全面发展计划 Observation and Planning for the Holistic Development of Infants and Toddlers
Classroom Management Series
- Move to Learn: Strategies for Managing Children’s Behaviour and Learning in Classroom
Mother Tongue Languages
Nurturing Early Learners (NEL) Educators’ Guide (EG) Training for Chinese Language (CL) Teachers
Outdoor Learning Series
- Outdoor Experiences for Infants and Toddlers
- Leading and Supporting Outdoor Learning (for centre leaders)
- Mentoring 101: Bringing Out the Best in EC Educators*
- Mentoring 201: Bringing Out the Best in EC Educators*
*Mentoring 101 and Mentoring 201 will replace Mentoring for Professional Growth as pre-requisites to the Advanced Diploma in Early Childhood Leadership (ADECL).
Social Emotional Development Series
Working with Families
- Certificate in Student Care Centre (Early Years) (SCC(EY))
Building a Professional Teaching Portfolio (Chinese)
SKILLS-BASED MODULAR COURSES (SBMC) AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (PDP)
Skills-Based Modular Courses (SBMC) provide learners with flexible, bite-sized and targeted learning options. These courses help you gain or deepen relevant skills and knowledge; and customise your learning according to your needs and interests.
Applicants under ECDA's Professional Development Programme for Teachers [PDP(T)] may apply for modular courses under the Advanced Diploma in Early Childhood Leadership (ADECL) and Specialist Diploma in Early Childhood Learning Support (SDELS).
Learn more about SBMC and PDP.
Existing EC educators may qualify for certain financial schemes for course fee payment. Find out which financial schemes are available for you.
For Preschool Operators
Looking for courses to train your teachers?
We are here to support your training needs. Work with us to provide professional development opportunities for your staff, so they can take on enlarged responsibilities and build new capabilities.
We can customise short courses or conduct dedicated runs for selected courses to meet your needs. Contact us to enquire.
The Professional Conversion Programme (PCP) and Place-and-Train (PnT) programme allow you to address your manpower needs quickly. Under the programme, you can hire mid-careerists with no prior experience in early childhood education. These employees will spend part of their working hours attending classes at our campuses. You will also receive salary support from Workforce Singapore (WSG) on their salaries. Learn more about the eligibility criteria here:
Note: WSG will be making temporary funding adjustments for all new employees hired on their Professional Conversion Programme or Place-and-Train programme for the period between 1 Sep 2020 to 30 Sep 2021. More information is available on the IRAS website.
You may visit these job portals to post job openings that are available at your centre:
NIEC Courses offered under the Place and Train Programme
Teach children aged 0 – 3 years old (EY2 certification)
Teach children aged 18 months – 6 years old (L2 certification)