1. Application of Policy
2. Collection of Personal Data
For the purpose of carrying on the NIEC business, including registration and administration of our related products and services (including, without limitation, relevant online services, application, enrollment and/or registration for courses) (“Services”) to you (the “Purpose”), you may be requested to provide Personal Data such as, but not limited to, the following, without which it may not be possible to satisfy your request:
- Full name;
- Residential address;
- Identity card number;
- Payment details, including credit card and banking information;
- Contact details, including telephone number or email address; and
- Educational qualifications.
“Personal Data” refers to personally identifiable information about you including your name, phone number, email address, payment details and contact details, and other personal information incidental to your interaction with the Services.
When you visit our Website, we may assign your computer one or more “cookies”. By accessing our Website, you agree that we can place cookies on your device.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies. Generally, you can remove these cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file. If you choose not to allow us to place a cookie on your computer, you maybe restricted from some Services and some of the interactive features offered on our Website may be similarly restricted or rendered inoperable.
2A. Marketing Communications
You consent to the use of Personal Data for the purposes of NIEC sending you marketing communication related to the Services.
You may withdraw your consent from receiving marketing communication from NIEC by writing to DPO@niec.edu.sg in accordance with the procedure set out in Clause 5 below.
3. Use of Personal Data Collected
NIEC either currently uses, or may in the future, use your Personal Data for the purpose of providing the Services. This includes the following purposes:
- Processing any applications or requests for new Services;
- Daily operation of the services;
- Administering or managing the relationship between NIEC and user;
- Conducting identity checks;
- Collecting revenue or debt recovery;
- Complying with any law or the requirements of any regulatory authority;
- Updating the user on our Services;
- Responding to user’s enquiries;
- Obtaining feedback related to the Services from users;
- Fulfilling internal audit requirements to compile information for analysis and in reports to regulatory agencies;
- Making disclosure to any member of NIEC or third party service provider (or a subsidiary, holding company or related organisation thereof) that provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, debt collection or clearing, data processing or other services to NIEC in connection with the operation of its Services;
- Investigating fraud, misconduct, any unlawful action or omissions, whether or not there is any suspicion of the aforementioned;
- Responding to requests for information by the Government, public agencies, ministries, statutory boards or other similar authorities from time to time;
- Sharing information with the Government, public agencies, ministries, statutory boards or other similar authorities to facilitate your licensing as an EC educator/ teacher where relevant;
- Carrying out market-related or similar research and analysis for NIEC’s operational strategy and policy planning purposes for the provision and/or continued development of the Services;
- Organising graduations, student welcome ceremonies or other promotional or student-related events;
- Sharing NIEC-related information, including but not limited to new courses and events, to persons who have completed NIEC courses;
- Legal purposes (including but not limited to obtaining external legal advice and dispute resolution proceedings) related to the Services;
For the avoidance of doubt, NIEC shall not use any Personal Data provided to it for any purposes which are in contravention of Singapore law.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
All Personal Data collected by NIEC will be kept confidential but NIEC may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the Purpose, or where the disclosure is directly related to the Purpose, for which the Personal Data was collected provide such information to the following parties:
- Any associated organisations or affiliates controlled by, or under common control with NIEC;
- Any person or company who is acting for or on behalf of NIEC, or jointly with NIEC, in respect of the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the Personal Data was provided;
- Any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit bureau, or collection agencies necessary to establish and support the payment of any Services being requested.
5. Withdrawal of Consent
You may request to withdraw your consent to the collection, use, disclosure, storage and processing of your Personal Data at any time. To withdraw your consent for us to collect, use or disclose your personal data, please contact us at DPO@niec.edu.sg. Please allow five (5) working days for your request to be processed. Please note that the use of your Personal Data may be essential in order to provide you with or make available to you the Services and if you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, NIEC may not be able to continue providing such Services to you.
6. Access and Correction of Personal Data
If you wish to access, update or otherwise change or remove any information that you provide to us, please contact us at: DPO@niec.edu.sg
7. Accuracy of Personal Data
NIEC keeps Personal Data as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary, taking into account its use and the interests of our users. Where possible, we will validate data provided using generally accepted practices and guidelines. This includes the requests to see original documentation before we may use the Personal Data such as with Personal Identifiers and/or proof of address.
8. Protection of Personal Data
NIEC protects Personal Data against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the Personal Data, regardless of the format in which it is held. We use various methods to safeguard Personal Data.
- Physical measures: locked filing cabinets, restriction of access to offices, and security systems.
- Technical measures: passwords and encryption, using generally industry best practices.
- Administrative measures: confidentiality agreements, limiting access on a need-to-know basis, staff training and security clearances.
Online security is also a priority. NIEC incorporates security measures such as encryption and authentication tools to protect Personal Data from unauthorised use.
9. Retention of Personal Data
NIEC will retain your Personal Data only for as long as the purposes for which such data is collected or used (as notified to you) continues, or where necessary for our legal or business purposes. Thereafter, NIEC will delete or destroy the Personal Data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you.
10. Changes to Policy
11. Contact Us
We are dedicated to protecting your Personal Data and respect the privacy of all our students and business contacts.
Phone: (+65) 6332 0668
You may also write to our Data Protection Officer as follows:
Data Protection Officer
National Institute of Early Childhood Development
1 Nanyang Walk NIE 5-B2-06
本政策乃依据 2012 年《个人数据保护法》（“PDPA”）以及新加坡个人数据保护委员会（“PDPC”）不时发布的全部相关法规和指南。在新加坡以外的司法管辖区，国立幼儿培育教育学院的做法可能受到不同的或更严格的数据保护法律之约束。访问或使用我们的网站（“网站”）即表示您同意本隐私政策的条款。
Cookie 是一个小型文字档案，它包含了我们随后可以读取的信息，以方便您浏览我们的网站、收集统计数据、并个性化您的在线体验。我们目前在网站上使用 cookies 的目的包括，但不限于，检测您的网页浏览器的多媒体功能，跟踪我们向您展示的促销广告，并为您的电脑提供唯一的标识符，以便我们可以生成有关网站使用情况的统计数据。我们使用 cookies 来改善您使用本网站的体验，并提高我们服务的有效性。我们精心挑选了这些 cookies，并采取了相应措施来确保您的隐私始终得到保护和尊重。
大多数浏览器自动接受 cookies，但您可以修改浏览器设置以拒绝 cookies。通常，您可以按照Internet浏览器“帮助”文件中提供的说明删除这些 cookies。如果您选择不允许我们在您的计算机上放置 cookie，您可能会受到某些服务的限制，而我们网站上提供的一些互动功能也可能受到同样的限制或无法使用。
如果您希望撤销接收国立幼儿培育教育学院的营销信息同意，您可根据下文第 5 条所载的程序通过书面形式联系DPO@niec.edu.sg。
- 与政府、公共机构、部委、法定委员会或其他类似机构共享信息，以便您在相关领域获得 EC 教育者/教师资格；
您可随时请求撤销对您个人数据收集、使用、披露、存储和处理的同意。为了撤销对您个人数据收集、使用或披露的同意，请通过 DPO@niec.edu.sg 联系我们. 我们将在五（5）个工作日内处理您的申请。请注意，使用您的个人数据是为了向您提供服务而且是至关重要，如果您撤销对任何或所有使用您的个人数据的同意，本院可能无法继续向您提供此类服务。