Advanced Certificate in Early Childhood
Care & Education (ACECCE)
Curious to learn about the early brain development and growth of children 18 months to 4 years old? The ACECCE course will equip you with the skills to nurture them to become secure, emotionally connected and confident children. You’ll get to:
Acquire knowledge and skills
Learn how to plan and implement activities in kindergartens and childcare centres, assist children in their daily activities and manage their safety, health and nutrition.
Put theory to practice
Participate in 2 practicums totalling 240 hours in an ECDA-registered early childhood development centre.
Learn relevant approaches
Learn the approaches to early childhood education that will help you provide an interactive and developmentally appropriate learning environment for children.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be conferred the ACECCE by NIEC. Graduates will be eligible for L1 certification by ECDA and will be qualified to teach pre-nursery and nursery children from 18 months to 4 years old or assist in K1 and K2 Levels.
*Individuals with a minimum GPA of 3.50 for ACECCE and 3 GCE O-level credits (including EL1 or ELAA) may apply for the Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education - Teaching (DECCE-T).
Find out more about the modules covered in this course here.
Hear more from our students!
“I enjoyed the practice-oriented training. It kept me motivated, on task, and focused. While you can study and assume you know a lot through theories, the most important part is to go into the field. You’d realise there is precious knowledge that you would be able to learn and reflect from, only by interacting with the children.”
- Joann Tan, Graduate of ACECCE 2022.
- 3 GCE O-level credits including English (EL1) or other English Language Acceptable Alternatives (ELAA), e.g. a minimum band 5.5 in IELTS (Academic)
- Completed 10 years of formal education and passed state exam with credits in 3 different subjects including English (as First Language) or other ELAA, e.g. a minimum band 5.5 in IELTS (Academic)
For applicants who have obtained a Certificate in Infant/Toddler Care (CITC) and have been employed in a childcare centre before October 2011:
- Completed the Early Years Development Framework course; AND
- Completed Secondary 4 education; AND
- Obtained an average score of SOA 5 in the WPL series; AND
- Obtained a score of SOA 4 in the WPN series with a score of SOA 5 (Writing) in the WPL series or an O-level credit in EL1 or an IELTS 5.5 (Academic)
Applicants who are EY2 certified and have obtained the Advanced Certificate in Early Years (ACEY) qualification are strongly encouraged to apply and be considered for the course on a case-by-case basis. Successful applicants may also enjoy exemptions from relevant ACECCE modules.
S$64.20 (inclusive of GST)
Note: The registration fee is non-refundable
Fill out your details to find out your estimated course fee!
Estimated nett course fee payable, including additional funding and GST
Note: The course fee shown is an estimate only. Course fees payable are subject to revision, funding eligibility and approval. Please contact us for details on course fees.
Open For Application Soon
Day & Time
13 months / 800 hours
Mon - Fri:
|Register your interest|
- Course schedule and venue are subject to changes. NIEC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme and amend information without prior notice.
- Classes will only commence if the minimum class size is met. A confirmation email will be sent to you at least 3 weeks before course commencement.
- Your learning is important to us, and we have designed our lessons to facilitate your optimal learning experience for this course. Our courses are largely conducted online and around 20% of lessons will be conducted face-to-face for effective learning across practice-oriented sessions, such as for child safety and child development. You will be expected to attend the face-to-face lessons physically. A schedule of upcoming modules will be provided to you in advance before course commencement.
- Priority will be given to company-sponsored applicants.
Click here for the course fees!
Before You Apply
Here is a checklist for you to download to prepare your application.
Have questions? Connect with us!
Ms Oh Ling Shan
Phone: 6887 9505 (Mon - Fri, 9am - 4pm)