This course enables learners to understand how they can provide an environment that is safe for young children, and manage their nutrition, health, hygiene and safety needs.
Note: This course will be conducted via online learning until further notice.
At the end of the course, learners will gain the skills and knowledge to:
Identify measures to keep children safe by providing a safe environment, promoting safe practices and managing incidents.
Identify and manage common childhood illnesses, and apply measures for infection control.
Explain the nutritional needs of children and the teacher’s role in promoting healthy eating habits.
This course is for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Currently attending an ECDA-recognised certificate or diploma course OR have completed an ECDA-recognised certificate or diploma in early childhood care and education.
Currently employed in a childcare centre licensed with ECDA.
Upon completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Attainment from the National Institute of Early Childhood Development (NIEC) and Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA).
Fill out your details to find out your estimated course fee!
Estimated nett course fee payable, including additional funding and GST
Note: The course fee shown is an estimate only. Course fees payable are subject to revision, funding eligibility and approval. Please contact us for details on course fees.
Open For Application Soon
Day & Time
To be available
To be available
- Course schedule and venue are subject to changes. NIEC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme and amend information without prior notice.
- Classes will only commence if the minimum class size is met. A confirmation email will be sent to you at least 3 weeks before course commencement.
Before You Apply
Prepare the following documents:
- Certificates (Currently attending an ECDA-recognised certificate or diploma course OR have completed an ECDA-recognised certificate or diploma in early childhood care and education)
- Employment letter/Sponsorship letter
Have questions? Talk to us!
(Mon - Fri, 9am - 4pm)
Ms Eunice Goei
Phone: 6904 2620
Mr Sky Wong
Phone: 6904 2625