This course includes learning resources for preschool educators, developed based on the findings of the Singapore Kindergarten Impact Project (SKIP). Commissioned by NIEC, the Learning Resources was developed by NIE (CRCD) to provide learners with deeper knowledge of how to engage children through quality interactions. Learners will gain insights into what quality interactions look like, its benefits, and gain an overview of the three components of engagement in preschool classroom i.e. quality concept development, feedback and language modelling.
Note: This course will be conducted online.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- discuss quality teacher-child interactions and its benefits;
- illustrate how engaging children through quality instructional support enhances children’s learning experience; and
- demonstrate critical thinking and communication skills with peers on the online modalities.
This course is for individuals who meet the following criteria:
Have completed an ECDA-recognised certificate or diploma in early childhood care and education.
Be ECDA-certified as an L2 teacher.
Currently employed in a childcare centre registered or licensed with ECDA.
Upon completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Attainment from the Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA).
Fill out your details to find out your estimated course fee!
Estimated nett course fee payable, including additional funding and GST
Note: The course fee shown is an estimate only. Course fees payable are subject to revision, funding eligibility and approval. Please contact us for details on course fees.
The above course fee calculator is based on 2023’s course fees.
Alternatively, download the 2024 course fee table here.
This course is eligible under Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP), click here to find out more.
Other funding support and financial schemes may be available.
Find out more here.
Please contact us for more information on course fees and available funding.
Open For Application Soon
Day & Time
3 days per week for 12 weeks
To be available
Feb, Sep 2024
|Register your interest|
- This course will be conducted in the following structure:
|Duration||Learners are required to:|
|4.5 hours||Attend scheduled online meetings (between 30min to 1 hour each, during the children's naptime hours) with the course lecturer at the start and end of each of the 4 modules.|
|19.5 hours||Complete four modules through asynchronous learning at your own pace, within the specified course duration of each module.|
- Click here for the detailed course schedule.
- Course schedule and venue are subject to changes. NIEC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme and amend information without prior notice.
- Classes will only commence if the minimum class size is met. A confirmation email will be sent to you at least 3 weeks before course commencement.