ECDA-certified L1 or L2 educators who like to gain fundamental knowledge and skills to apply basic health, hygiene, safety and nutrition practices to care for infants aged 2 to 18 months, can embark on the ACEY (with Exemptions) to be certified. You’ll get to:
Acquire knowledge and skills
Acquire necessary practical knowledge and skills to interact, plan and implement programmes, and set up conducive environments in childcare settings for children from birth to three years of age.
Deepen your understanding
Understand the guiding principles which guides practices of the Early Years Development Framework (EYDF) and apply and implement the suggested practices stated in the EYDF in their work with young children and families.
Participate in practicum totalling 106 hours in an ECDA-registered infant care centre.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be conferred the ACEY (with exemptions) by NIEC and be eligible for certification as EY2* educators by ECDA. You will be qualified to care for infants, playgroups & pre-nursery groups, and children from 2 months to 3 years of age.
*Graduates below 21 years old will be granted EY2C certification and be re-certified at EY2 certification level automatically once they turn 21 years old.
Find out more about the modules covered in this course here.
ECDA certified L1/L2 preschool educators who have successfully completed any of the following ECDA-recognised diploma/certificate:
Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education (DECCE-T) or acceptable equivalent
Advanced Certificate in Early Childhood Care & Education (ACECCE) or acceptable equivalent
S$64.20 (inclusive of GST)
Note: The registration fee is non-refundable.
Fill out your details to find out your estimated course fee!
Estimated nett course fee payable, including additional funding and GST
Note: The course fee shown is an estimate only. Course fees payable are subject to revision, funding eligibility and approval. Please contact us for details on course fees.
Open For Application Soon
Day & Time
5 months / 222 hours
3 weekdays: 6pm - 10pm
|Register your interest|
- Courses will be open for application 4 months before the respective start dates.
- Course schedule and venue are subject to changes. NIEC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme and amend information without prior notice.
- Classes will only commence if the minimum class size is met. A confirmation email will be sent to you at least 3 weeks before course commencement.
- Priority will be given to company-sponsored applicants.
- Your learning is important to us, and we have designed our lessons to facilitate your optimal learning experience for this course. Our courses are largely conducted online and around 30% of lessons will be conducted face-to-face for effective learning across practice-oriented sessions, such as for child safety and child development. You will be expected to attend the face-to-face lessons physically. A schedule of upcoming modules will be provided to you in advance before course commencement.
- A course orientation will also be conducted face-to-face where you will be provided with important information about the course, NIEC’s academic policies, the support that you can expect to receive as a student and connect with your community of learning. You are required to attend this session and will be notified of the date and venue 2 to 3 weeks prior to the orientation.