Certificate in Preschool Mother Tongue Language Teaching - Chinese (CPMTL-C)
学前母语教育证书 - 华文
Please note that this course will be conducted in Chinese.
Immerse in Culture
Enhance your knowledge about Chinese culture and heritage and learn how to integrate ethnic music, dance and drama into your lessons for young children.
Share, Learn and Apply
Exchange and share knowledge with fellow language teachers. Develop spoken language skills, and acquire theoretical and practical knowledge for Chinese language teaching in a classroom setting.
Learn to use the Nurturing Early Learners (NEL) Framework for Mother Tongue Languages effectively for developing children's language literacy.
Note: This course will be conducted via online learning, except for selected modules that will be more effective conducted face-to-face. This is subject to prevailing COVID-19 measures implemented by the government. Students will be notified at least 2 weeks prior to the commencement of modules that are conducted face-to-face.
What You Will Learn
Click here for a complete list of modules that will be covered in the course.
- Completed one of the following qualifications:
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education - Teaching (DECCE-T) in English or acceptable equivalent^ and a minimum B4 grade in GCE O-level Chinese Language or a Chinese Language Acceptable Alternative (CLAA); or
- Advanced Certificate in Early Childhood Care & Education (ACECCE), with a minimum B4 grade in GCE O-level Chinese Language or a CLAA; or
- Higher Nitec in Early Childhood Education, with a minimum B4 grade in GCE O-level Chinese Language or a CLAA and one year of work experience.
^Includes ECDA-recognised qualifications conducted in English Language or Chinese Language e.g. DECCE-T (CL).
Upon successful completion of the course, graduates will be conferred the Certificate in Preschool Mother Tongue Language Teaching – Chinese (CPMTL-C) by NIEC.
Note: In-service L2 teachers with a B4 grade and above in GCE O-Level for Chinese Language can be deployed as Chinese Language teachers to teach pre-nursery to K2 children. In-service L1 teachers can teach the Chinese Language for N1 to K2 children, using existing lesson plans.
S$64.20 (inclusive of GST)
Note: The registration fee is non-refundable.
Fill out your details to find out your estimated course fee!
Estimated nett course fee payable, including additional funding and GST
Note: The course fee shown is an estimate only. Course fees payable are subject to revision, funding eligibility and approval. Please contact us for details on course fees.
Open For Application Soon
Day & Time
6 months / 195 hours
2 weekdays: 6.30pm - 9.30pm
- Course schedule and venue are subject to changes. NIEC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme and amend information without prior notice.
- Classes will only commence if the minimum class size is met. A confirmation email will be sent to you at least 3 weeks before course commencement.
- Priority will be given to company-sponsored applicants.
Before You Apply
1. Securing a practicum centre
The practicum modules are important and crucial component of your practice-oriented learning for course completion. Applicants must secure a practicum centre at an early childhood development centre by the first practicum module. In the event that you are unable to secure a practicum centre by the first practicum module or fulfil all the practicum hours that is required for graduation, you may have to defer your course. This may result in the inability to complete your course within the maximum candidature period.
- Company-sponsored applicants: Your practicum centre can be the preschool you are currently working at.
- Self-sponsored applicants: Click here for a list of early childhood development centres. Please contact the centres directly to apply.
Please note that practicum for this course will begin approximately 4 months from the course commencement date.
2. Prepare the following documents:
Image of your NRIC (front and back)
Highest early childhood qualifications (Certificate)
Recent digital photo with a white background
- If you are currently working in a preschool:
- Employment Letter
- If you are under company sponsorship by a preschool employer:
- Company Sponsorship Declaration Form (to be completed by you and your employer, and submitted as part of your admission documents)
Have questions? Talk to us!
(Mon - Fri, 9am - 4pm)
Ms Jolene Teo
Phone: 6887 9529