Certificate in Preschool Mother Tongue Language Teaching - Chinese (CPMTL-C)
学前母语教育证书 - 华文
Please note that this course will be conducted in Chinese.
Keen in developing effective communication skills in the Chinese Language? The CPMTL-C course will equip you with knowledge on how you can effectively teach the Chinese Language to young children via creative and engaging approaches. You’ll get to:
Immerse in Culture
Enhance your knowledge about Chinese culture and heritage and learn how to integrate ethnic music, dance and drama into your lessons for young children.
Share, Learn and Apply
Exchange and share knowledge with fellow language teachers. Develop spoken language skills, and acquire theoretical and practical knowledge for Chinese language teaching in a classroom setting.
Learn to use the Nurturing Early Learners (NEL) Framework for Mother Tongue Languages effectively for developing children's language literacy.
Upon graduation, you will be conferred the Certificate in Preschool Mother Tongue Language Teaching – Chinese (CPMTL-C) by NIEC.
Note: In-service L2 teachers with a B4 grade and above in GCE O-Level for Chinese Language can be deployed as Chinese Language teachers to teach pre-nursery to K2 children. In-service L1 teachers can teach the Chinese Language for N1 to K2 children, using existing lesson plans.
Find out more about the modules covered in this course here.
- Completed one of the following qualifications:
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education - Teaching (DECCE-T) in English or acceptable equivalent^ and a minimum B4 grade in GCE O-level Chinese Language or a Chinese Language Acceptable Alternative (CLAA); or
- Advanced Certificate in Early Childhood Care & Education (ACECCE), with a minimum B4 grade in GCE O-level Chinese Language or a CLAA; or
- Higher Nitec in Early Childhood Education, with a minimum B4 grade in GCE O-level Chinese Language or a CLAA and one year of work experience.
^Includes ECDA-recognised qualifications conducted in English Language or Chinese Language e.g. DECCE-T (CL).
S$64.20 (inclusive of GST)
Note: The registration fee is non-refundable.
Fill out your details to find out your estimated course fee!
Estimated nett course fee payable, including additional funding and GST
Note: The course fee shown is an estimate only. Course fees payable are subject to revision, funding eligibility and approval. Please contact us for details on course fees.
Open For Application Soon
Day & Time
6 months / 195 hours
2 weekdays: 6.30pm - 9.30pm
|Register your interest|
- Course schedule and venue are subject to changes. NIEC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme and amend information without prior notice.
- Classes will only commence if the minimum class size is met. A confirmation email will be sent to you at least 3 weeks before course commencement.
- Priority will be given to applicants enrolling under the Career Conversion Programme.
- Your learning is important to us, and we have designed our lessons to facilitate your optimal learning experience for this course. Our courses are largely conducted online and around 30% of lessons will be conducted face-to-face for effective learning across practice-oriented sessions, such as for child safety and child development. You will be expected to attend the face-to-face lessons physically. A schedule of upcoming modules will be provided to you in advance before course commencement.
- A course orientation will also be conducted face-to-face where you will be provided with important information about the course, NIEC’s academic policies, the support that you can expect to receive as a student and connect with your community of learning. You are required to attend this session and will be notified of the date and venue 2 to 3 weeks prior to the orientation.