If you have a love for caring for infants 2 months to 3 years old and would like to gain fundamental knowledge and skills to apply basic health, hygiene, safety and nutrition practices for them, the Advanced Certificate in Early Years (ACEY) course is for you! You’ll get to:
Acquire knowledge and skills
Acquire necessary practical knowledge and skills to interact, plan and implement programmes, and set up conducive environments in childcare settings for children from birth to three years of age.
Deepen your understanding
Understand the guiding principles behind the practices of the Early Years Development Framework 2023 (EYDF 2023). Apply and implement the suggested practices stated in the EYDF 2023 in their work with young children and families.
Participate in 3 practicums totalling 180 hours in an ECDA-registered early childhood development centre with infant care.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be conferred the ACEY by NIEC and be eligible for certification as EY2* educators by ECDA. You will be qualified to care for infants, playgroups & pre-nursery groups, and children from 2 months to 3 years of age.
*Graduates below 21 years old will be granted EY2C certification and be re-certified at EY2 certification level automatically once they turn 21 years old.
Find out more about the modules covered in this course here.
This course is also available in Chinese here.
Hear more from our students!
“I enjoyed the sharing from my lecturers and classmates which broadened my vision on early childhood. I am very excited and would like to apply what I have learnt and heard from them to my first job in early childhood.
The course content is rich and prepare the students well. With hands-on practical sessions I'm able to put theories into action. Lecturers are very experienced and helped me to deepen my understanding on how dedicated an early childhood educator should be.”
- Su See Ling, Graduate of ACEY 2022
- Completed Secondary 4 education and at least an average of SOA 5 in the Workplace Literacy Series (WPL); either SOA 5 for WPL (Writing) or a GCE O-level credit in English Language as First Language.
- Completed 10 years of formal education and at least an average of SOA 5 in the WPL series; either SOA 5 for WPL (Writing) or other English Language Acceptable Alternatives (ELAA)
- Existing Preschool Teachers:
- ECDA-certified L1/L2 preschool teachers may apply for the Advanced Certificate in Early Years (with Exemptions) [ACEY (with Exemptions)], subject to entry requirements.
If you have other relevant qualifications, learn more about the alternate pathway here.
$87.20 (inclusive of GST).
Note: The registration fee is non-refundable.
Fill out your details to find out your estimated course fee!
Estimated nett course fee payable, including additional funding and GST
Note: The course fee shown is an estimate only. Course fees payable are subject to revision, funding eligibility and approval. Please contact us for details on course fees.
Alternatively, download the 2024 course fee table here.
This course is eligible under Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP), click here to find out more.
Enjoy full course fee sponsorship under the Career Conversion Programme (CCP)!
Under Workforce Singapore’s CCP, your employer may sponsor your training at NIEC and provide a monthly salary during your course.
Note: Only the day intakes (8 months) are eligible for sponsorship under CCP. Night intakes (14 months) are NOT eligible.
Here’s how it works:
- Secure sponsorship by an early childhood development centre (ECDC) licensed by the Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA). You may need to fulfil a bond to work with your employer. Visit the ECDA website for job portals and contact the centres directly for CCP opportunities.
- Apply for our courses within 6 months of being hired. Upon successful enrolment, you will start your training at NIEC while working at the ECDC.
- Enjoy full course sponsorship and a monthly work salary, provided by your employer!
The CCP is open to all company-sponsored applicants who:
- Are Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents aged 21 years and above;
- Graduated or completed National Service, whichever is later, at least 2 years at the point of application;
- Are newly-hired by participating ECDA-licensed ECDCs;
- Are not in the same job role prior to joining the CCP.
To be eligible, you must be employed as a trainee teacher for no longer than 6 months from the course application date. Other terms and conditions apply. Learn more.
Other funding support and financial schemes may be available. Find out more here.
Day & Time
Course Start & End Date
8 months / 600 hours
Mon to Fri: 2pm – 6pm
Open For Application Soon
Day & Time
8 months / 600 hours
9am to 6pm
|Register your interest
14 months / 600 hours
Mon, Wed, Fri: 6.30pm to 9.30pm
|Register your interest
- Course schedule and venue are subject to changes. NIEC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme and amend information without prior notice.
- Classes will only commence if the minimum class size is met. A confirmation email will be sent to you at least 3 weeks before course commencement.
- Priority will be given to applicants enrolling under the Career Conversion Programme.
- Your learning is important to us, and we have designed our lessons to facilitate your optimal learning experience for this course. Our courses are largely conducted online and around 30% of lessons will be conducted face-to-face for effective learning across practice-oriented sessions, such as for child safety and child development. You will be expected to attend the face-to-face lessons physically. A schedule of upcoming modules will be provided to you in advance before course commencement.
- A course orientation will also be conducted face-to-face where you will be provided with important information about the course, NIEC’s academic policies, the support that you can expect to receive as a student and connect with your community of learning. You are required to attend this session and will be notified of the date and venue 2 to 3 weeks prior to the orientation.